Friday, April 25, 2014

Factoids are Fun

In our school our homerooms have what is called Advisory, a time to build solid and trusting relationships between the students and the staff.  I have been assigned to an 8th grade classroom with a very good friend for the past 3 years.  We have always had wonderful kids who join in in the activities we do, participate in discussions, do school work, and share their lives and interests and become a great unit by the end of the year. (I say always but things don't always go smoothly with 13 year olds at 8:10 in the morning).  It is the highlight of my day to spend the first 30 minutes of school with our class.


To begin the year we do icebreaker activities to learn about each other.  One of my favorites is a game that requires each player to share random and little known facts about themselves.  Here are some random and little known facts about me


  • If money were no object I would buy jackets and not shoes, unlike my sister Lois
  • Being barefoot is better; flip flops are a close second
  • Flannel pajamas are a wardrobe choice 9 times out of 10 when I get home from work (my martini glass pjs are my favorite)
  • 'Laverne and Shirley' always made me laugh out loud
  • My "gas is low" warning light goes off all the time
  • I love bridal magazines but dislike fashion magazines
  • Sometimes I try and hide at Whipple Dam State Park so I can be alone
  • Lilac and pear are 2 of my most favorite aromas
  • I eat ricotta out of the container as a snack
  • James Patterson and Martha Stewart annoy the heck out of me
  • My car is automatic but I can drive standard
  • I hate gory movies but love Game of Thrones
  • I believe in ghosts and spirits
  • Mint Chip milk shakes from Myers dairy are one of my favorite treats
  • my phone is not of the smart variety and often MIA
  • never have I ever had a speeding ticket (that right there is a minor miracle)

Feel free to discuss.  



No comments:

Post a Comment